Visit us and you will receive a warm welcome at the Museum of English Rural Life, with fascinating galleries, a beautiful garden and a thoughtfully-stocked shop and cafe.
We reopened in October 2016 following an major redevelopment project, funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund. Our ten new galleries include one purpose-built to house our very special Festival of Britain wall-hanging.
- relax or work in The Nook, developed in partnership with students from the University of Reading
- explore our open access collections area
- make brass rubbings on our Farming Circle in our Education Studio, funded by the Earley Charity
- find that special something in our shop
- relax in our garden, featuring a shepherd’s hut, play-on tractor and community growing spaces
We look forward to welcoming you!